This year, with Covid-19 still circulating in the UK, the NHS have outlined why it is important for people to receive the flu vaccine.
Flu vaccination is important because:
- more people are likely to get flu this winter as fewer people will have built up natural immunity to it during the COVID-19 pandemic
- if you get flu and COVID-19 at the same time, research shows you’re more likely to be seriously ill
- getting vaccinated against flu and COVID-19 will provide protection for you and those around you for both these serious illnesses
According to the NHS, if you’ve had COVID-19, it’s safe to have the flu vaccine. It will still be effective at helping to prevent flu.
The flu vaccine is available to the following people for free on the NHS.
- People who are 50 and over (including those who’ll be 50 by 31 March 2022)
- have certain health conditions
- are pregnant
- are in long-stay residential care
- receive a carer’s allowance, or are the main carer for an older or disabled person who may be at risk if you get sick
- live with someone who is more likely to get infections (such as someone who has HIV, has had a transplant or is having certain treatments for cancer, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis)
- frontline health or social care workers
Below are locations within one mile of Birmingham city centre where you can get a flu jab.
To see availability and book an appointment, call up the location.
Boots MSU10 Level 2, The Bull Ring Shopping Centre, Birmingham, West Midlands, B5 4BE, 0121 632 6418
Boots, 66 High St, BIRMINGHAM, West Midlands, B4 7TA0121 212 1330
Boots, 102 New St, BIRMINGHAM, West Midlands, B2 4HQ, 0121 643 9069
Attwood Green Pharmacy, Attwood Green Health Centre, 30 Bath Row, Attwood Green, Birmingham, West Midlands, B15 1LZ, 0121 666 7582
Boots, 2 Brindley Pl, Birmingham, West Midlands, B1 2JB, 0121 643 4872
Medisina Pharmacy, 11 Canford Close, Highgate, Birmingham, West Midlands, B12 0YU, 0121 448 1250
Pauls Pharmacy, 31 Revesby Walk, Birmingham, B7 4LG0121 359 2731
Horton Pharmacy, 8 Frank Street, Highgate, Birmingham, B12 0UF0, 121 440 6030
Heartlands Pharmacy, 2 Towpath Close, Bordesley Village Centre, Birmingham, West Midlands, B9 4QA, 0121 773 6534