The Canal House, Birmingham, was given a 5 star rating
Thirteen eateries in Birmingham have been awarded five stars in the latest food hygiene ratings for restaurants, bars and takeaways across the city.
Food hygiene ratings report on the standards of food hygiene found during inspections by local authority officials.
The scheme gives businesses a rating from 5 to 0 which is displayed at premises and online so customers can make more informed choices about where to buy and eat food.
A 5-star rating means hygiene standards are very good, while 0 means urgent improvement is required.
Venues are marked on a number of factors, including the handling of food, how food is stored, how food is prepared, cleanliness of facilities and how food safety is managed.
Here are the latest ratings given to venues across Birmingham by the city council.
Restaurants, cafes and canteens
The following ratings have been given to 13 restaurants, cafes or canteens:
• Rated 5: Chaiiwala at 776-778 Stratford Road, Springfield; rated on December 10
• Rated 5: Greggs at 17 Princess Alice Drive, Sutton Coldfield; rated on December 10
• Rated 5: Bistrot Pierre at 2 Mere Green Road, Sutton Coldfield; rated on December 8
• Rated 5: Caffe Nero at Unit 13 Mulberry Walk, Mere Green, Sutton Coldfield; rated on December 6
• Rated 5: Pastry House at 389b Coventry Road, Small Heath; rated on December 3
• Rated 5: Tru Burger at 369 Ladypool Road, Balsall Heath; rated on December 3
• Rated 5: Mcdonalds Restaurants Ltd at 1 Lower Parade, Sutton Coldfield ; rated on December 2
• Rated 5: Pepe’s Piri Piri at 133 High Street, Erdington, rated on December 1
• Rated 4: Shakehouse at 415 Birmingham Road, Sutton New Hall, Sutton Coldfield ; rated on November 3
• Rated 4: La Nona Italian Restaurant at 16 Arden Oak Road, Sheldon; rated on October 11
• Rated 3: Pirinos at 846 Bristol Road South, Weoley; rated on November 4
• Rated 2: Slam Burger at 824-826 Alum Rock Road, Hodge Hill; rated on November 11
• Rated 2: Tudor Bakery & Cafe, at 302 Haunch Lane, Kings Heath; rated on November 2
• Rated 1: Turkish Grill at 5 Olton Boulevard East, Tyseley; rated on November 3
• Rated 0: Lions Bar Curry and Grill at Grs Lions Club, Church Road, Erdington; rated on November 17
Pubs, bars and nightclubs
And three ratings have been handed to pubs, bars or nightclubs:
• Rated 5: The Blake Barn at Blake Barn Inn, 40 Shelley Drive, Sutton Four Oaks, rated on December 2
• Rated 5: The Canal House at Canal House, 12 Bridge Street, city centre; rated on November 10
• Rated 4: The Boot Inn at Boot Inn, Rectory Road, Sutton Trinity, Sutton Coldfield rated on November 3
• Rated 2: The Crown at 290 Alcester Road South, Brandwood, Kings Heath
Plus eight ratings for takeaways:
• Rated 5: Greggs PLC at Unit 9b, Fort Shopping Park, Fort Parkway, Hodge Hill; rated on December 13
• Rated 5: Jade House at 335 Harborne Lane, Harborne; rated on December 3
• Rated 5: Shaorma Hub at 11a Exeter Street, city centre; rated on November 11
• Rated 4: Philpotts, at 36 Colmore Circus Queensway, city centre; rated on November 5.
• Rated 3: Gup Shup at 16b Colmore Row, city centre; rated on November 11
• Rated 2: Walmley Fish and Chip Deli Takeaway at 11 Walmley Close, Sutton Coldfield; rated on November 18
• Rated 1: Clay Oven at 71 Bottetourt Road, Bartley Green; rated on November 30
• Rated 1: Pita Way at 636 Kingsbury Road, Tyburn; rated on October 11
• Rated 1: Seven Spices, at 106 Warren Farm Road; rated on November 5
• Rated 0: Lahori Karahi at 280-282 Highgate Road, Sparkbrook ; rated on November 17
A message from the editor:Thank you for reading. BirminghamWorld is Birmingham’s latest news website, championing everything that is great about our city - reporting on news, lifestyle and sport. We want to start a community among our readers, so please follow us on Facebook,Twitter and Instagram, and keep the conversation going.