All the new flights taking off from Birmingham Airport this summer, including the Middle East & Europe
Several airline services have announced new flight destinations in Europe and the Middle East from Birmingham Airport
and live on Freeview channel 276
Several airline services have announced new flight destinations from Birmingham Airport this summer giving Brummies more options for holidaying. From international carriers to domestic ones - there are several new routes to the Middle East and Europe.
Birmingham Airport is packed with residents travelling to and from different destinations this summer but with potential strikes in the offing, it could create some disruption. However, the airport has assured travellers that there will be no cancellations.
Customers also have a wide range of existing routes to choose from this summer - if they are not interested in trying out the new routes. However, when BirminghamWorld spoke to Ryanair’s Head of Communications, Jade Kirwan, she explained why better deals are available on the new routes.
She said: “If you’re ever trying to get a good deal, remember that the more long-standing and popular routes tend to get booked up quite quickly. The way the pricing works is once they are lower fare they get sold out.
“Then if you look at some very new routes that have that have just been launched for this year, they tend to be a little bit low then than some of the other routes. So, I would always encourage people to look at new destinations on the list and try them first.”
Here are all the new destinations you can travel to from BHX this summer
- Milan and Naples from easyJet
- Nice from Jet2 with Girona, Izmir, Dubrovnik, Ibiza & Reus added for Summer 2024
- Pisa, Barcelona, Billund, Santander, Stockholm, Tourlouse, Venice from Ryanair
- Dubai from Emirates Airlines
- Jeddah, Saudi Arabia’s second city, from Saudia Airlines
- Qatar Airways returns to BHX, following a three-year absence, with daily services to Doha’s Hamad International, voted second best airport in the world in Skytrax’s 2023 rankings.
New security screening at BHX
Meanwhile, Birmingham Airport (BHX) has also set up a marquee offering additional space for departing customers while work continues on its £40m new security screening area.
Large areas inside the terminal are now off limits after being taken over by the project, which is due to be completed in June 2024. The overspill marquee gives customers a covered walking route on days, particularly in the summer holidays, when the terminal gets busy.
“We are a building site right now as work continues of our state-of-the-art new pre-flight security screening hall,” said Nick Barton, chief executive of Birmingham Airport.
He added: “As a departing customer, if you find yourself being directed via walking routes in unfamiliar areas of the terminal, including downstairs, fear not - that’s just us improving your airport.”
BHX has the following dvice for customers:
- Please arrive at the airport at least two hours before your flight, and in line with your airline’s advice.
- Until the new security facility is operational in June 2024, existing air travel rules still apply.
- These rules include removing large electrical items and liquids from hand luggage before the x-ray scanners.