Road closures: five for Sandwell drivers over the next fortnight
Drivers in and around Sandwell will have five National Highways road closures to watch out for this week.
And two of them are expected to cause delays of between 10 and 30 minutes.
The latest expected works list, with notes from National Highways, shows that one closure already in place is expected to carry on this week:
• M5, from 9pm November 6 to 6am November 25, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M6 southbound, jct eight to jct six, slip road and lane closures due to carriageway repairs, diversion via national highways network.
And a further four closures will begin over the next two weeks:
• M5, from 9pm November 20 to 6am November 25, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M5 both directions jct three to jct four, lane closures for inspection/survey works.
• M5, from 9pm November 21 to 6am November 22, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M5 northbound, jct one exit slip road, carriageway closure for drainage works, diversion via National Highways network.
• A4123, from 8pm December 1 to 6am December 2, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M5 southbound, junction 2, slip road closure due to communications works, diversion via National Highways network.
• A456, from 9pm December 1 to 5am December 2, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M5 southbound, junction 1 to junction 2, slip road and lane closure for communication works.
National Highways is responsible for maintaining motorways and major A-roads, so closures of smaller roads will not be included in their schedule.