Birmingham road closures: eight for motorists to avoid over the next fortnight
and live on Freeview channel 276
Birmingham's motorists will have eight road closures to avoid nearby on the National Highways network this week.
And two of them are expected to cause moderate delays – with drivers facing holdups of between 10 and 30 minutes. The latest expected works list, with notes from National Highways, shows that three closures already in place are expected to carry on this week:
• M6, from 9pm July 14 to 6am July 19, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M6 northbound, jct four to jct 5, lane closures and full closure of jct five exit slip for technology works.
• M6, from 5am July 12 to 6am August 14, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M6 northbound, jct 4a to jct five and jct five exit slip road, 24/7 hard shoulder closure and lane closure on slip road with 50mph speed limit for technology works.
• M6, from 9pm September 18 2019 to 6am December 31 2023, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M6, junction 6 BC link road, 24 hour hatched area for bridge repairs.
And a further five closures will begin over the next two weeks:
• M5, from 9pm July 17 to 6am July 29, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M5 both directions jct three to jct 4, lane closures for horticultural works.
• M6, from 9pm July 17 to 6am July 19, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M6 both directions, junction 6 to junction 7, lane closure for barrier/fence safety repairs.
• A446, from 9pm July 17 to 6am July 30, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M6 both directions jct five to jct 8, Lane and slip road carriageway closures for drainage works.
• A456, from 9pm July 22 to 6am July 23, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M5 northbound, jct three to jct 2, lane closures for barrier repairs.
• A446, from 9pm July 27 to 5am July 29, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M6 northbound, jct five to jct seven and A38M out of city link to M6 northbound, Lane closures and A38M link to M6 northbound, carriageway closure.
National Highways is responsible for maintaining motorways and major A-roads, so closures of smaller roads will not be included in their schedule.