Birmingham road closures: six on the National Highways network for motorists to avoid this week
and live on Freeview channel 276
Birmingham's motorists will have six road closures to avoid nearby on the National Highways network this week.
And two of them are expected to cause delays of between 10 minutes and half an hour.
The latest expected works list, with notes from National Highways, shows that three closures already in place are expected to carry on this week:
• M6, from 11pm February 20 to 6am March 25, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M6 southbound, jct six to jct five, carriageway closure for resurfacing works.
• A5, from 9pm December 8 2021 to 5.30am September 30 2023, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A5 westbound, hints bypass between the A453 and A38 junctions, (tamworth to lichfield), temporary speed, lane closures with switching and narrow lanes running for general construction works.
• M6, from 9pm September 18 2019 to 6am December 31 2023, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M6, junction 6 BC link road, 24 hour hatched area for bridge repairs.
And a further three closures will begin over the next seven days:
• M6, from 9pm February 28 to 6am March 1, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M6 northbound, jct three to jct 3a, lane closures for technology repairs.
• M42, from 9am March 6 to 4pm March 24, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M42 both directions jct one to jct 11, mobile works for sweeping all ERA bays along the M42.
• A446, from 8pm March 6 2023 to 5am December 10 2026, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M42 both directions jct 7A to jct nine and M6 both directions jct 3A to M42, Lane and carriageway closures for construction works for HS2.
National Highways is responsible for maintaining motorways and major A-roads, so closures of smaller roads will not be included in their schedule.