Birmingham road closures: seven for motorists to avoid over the next fortnight
Birmingham's motorists will have seven road closures to avoid nearby on the National Highways network this week.
And five of them are expected to cause delays of between 10 and 30 minutes.
The latest expected works list, with notes from National Highways, shows that two closures already in place are expected to carry on this week:
• A4123, from 9pm September 16 to 6am September 18, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M5 northbound, jct three to jct 2, carriageway closure for resurfacing works.
• M6, from 9pm September 18 2019 to 6am December 31 2023, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M6, junction 6 BC link road, 24 hour hatched area for bridge repairs.
And a further five closures will begin over the next two weeks:
• A446, from 9pm September 18 to 6am October 7, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M6 both directions, junction 5 to junction 7, lane and slip road carriageway closure for technology works.
• A38(M), from 9pm September 21 to 6am September 22, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): A38M eastbound, Park Circus to M6 northbound and southbound, link roads, carriageway closure for gantry works.
• A446, from 9pm September 25 to 6am September 30, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M6 both directions, junction 5 to junction 7, lane closure for construction improvement/upgrade.
• M6, from 5am to 10am on October 1, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M6 southbound, jct six exit slip road to Salford Circus, Lane closure leading to off network lane closure at Salford Circus roundabout for bollard replacements.
• M6, from 8pm October 2 to 6am October 7, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M6 both directions jct six to Salford circus roundabout, carriageway closure for inspection works.
National Highways is responsible for maintaining motorways and major A-roads, so closures of smaller roads will not be included in their schedule.