Birmingham road closures: almost a dozen for motorists to avoid over the next fortnight
Birmingham's motorists will have 10 road closures to avoid nearby on the National Highways network this week.
And five of them are expected to cause moderate delays – with drivers facing holdups of between 10 minutes and half an hour.
The latest expected works list, with notes from National Highways, shows that five closures already in place are expected to carry on this week:
• M5, from 9pm November 6 to 6am November 25, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M6 southbound, jct eight to jct six, slip road and lane closures due to carriageway repairs, diversion via national highways network.
• M6, from 9pm October 24 to 6am November 25, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M6 both directions jct five to jct seven, lane closures with switching for drainage works.
• M42, from 9pm November 2 to 5am December 1, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M6 northbound and southbound, jct four to jct 10, slip road and lane closure for communication works.
• M6, from 8pm November 13 to 6am December 9, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M6 southbound, jct six to jct 5, lane closures for bridge joint replacement works.
• M6, from 9pm September 18 2019 to 6am December 31 2023, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M6, junction 6 BC link road, 24 hour hatched area for bridge repairs.
And a further five closures will begin over the next two weeks:
• M5, from 9pm November 20 to 6am November 25, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M5 both directions jct three to jct four, lane closures for inspection/survey works.
• A38(M), from 9pm November 24 to 5am November 27, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M6 both directions jct six exit slip road to and from A38M both directions, carriageway closures for urgent street lighting ;electrical works.
• A446, from 9pm November 27 2023 to 5am December 10 2026, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M42 both directions jct 7A to jct nine and M6 both directions jct 3A to M42, Lane and carriageway closures for construction works for HS2.
• M6, from 8pm December 4 to 6am December 9, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M6 northbound and southbound, link roads to Salford Circus, carriageway closure for inspection/survey works.
• A38(M), from 9pm December 4 to 6am December 16, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M6 northbound and southbound, junction 5 to junction 8, Lane closure due to communication works, diversion via National Highways network.
National Highways is responsible for maintaining motorways and major A-roads, so closures of smaller roads will not be included in their schedule.