Birmingham National Highways road closures: almost a dozen for motorists to avoid this week
Birmingham's motorists will have 11 road closures to avoid nearby on the National Highways network this week
and live on Freeview channel 276
And six of them are expected to cause delays of between 10 and 30 minutes.
The latest expected works list, with notes from National Highways, shows that six closures already in place are expected to carry on this week:
• M5, from 9pm March 18 to 6am March 20, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M5 northbound, junction 4 to junction 3, Lane and carriageway closure for carriageway resurfacing.
• M42, from 9am March 6 to 4pm March 24, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M42 both directions jct one to jct 11, mobile works for sweeping all ERA bays along the M42.
• M5, from 9pm March 18 to 6am April 3, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M5 northbound, link to M6 northbound, junction 8, M6 both directions jct six to jct nine and M6 both directions jct eight to M5 southbound, link, Lane and link road carriageway closures for drainage and cleansing works.
• M6, from 11pm February 20 to 6am May 11, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M6 southbound, jct six to jct five, carriageway closure for resurfacing works.
• A5, from 9pm December 8 2021 to 5.30am September 30 2023, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A5 westbound, hints bypass between the A453 and A38 junctions, (tamworth to lichfield), temporary speed, lane closures with switching and narrow lanes running for general construction works.
• M6, from 9pm September 18 2019 to 6am December 31 2023, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M6, junction 6 BC link road, 24 hour hatched area for bridge repairs.
And a further five closures will begin over the next seven days:
• M6, from midnight, March 20 to 11.59pm April 3, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M6 northbound, turn around point jct 5, carriageway closure for carriageway improvements.
• A456, from 9pm March 24 to 5am March 25, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M5 clockwise jct three roundabout, lane closure for inspections.
• M6, from 9pm March 25 to 6am March 27, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M6 southbound, jct seven to jct 6, carriageway closure for carriageway repairs.
• M6, from 9pm March 27 to 6am April 6, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M6 both directions jct five to jct 9, A38M out of City / M6 jct six and M5 northbound to M6 southbound, jct 8, lane and slip road closures for inspection/survey.
• M5, from 9pm April 3 to 6am April 4, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M5 northbound, jct four to jct 3, lane closure for carriageway repairs.
National Highways is responsible for maintaining motorways and major A-roads, so closures of smaller roads will not be included in their schedule.