The event includes the half-marathon and the 10k race - which were previously held on separate days.
What are the routes for both the half-marathon and 10k road race?
Will there be road closures?
Yes. The following list details which roads have been affected and how long they are expected to remain closed.
The list includes the name of the affected road, the time at which it will close and the time at which it will reopen:
- Jennens Rd 04:00 19:00
- Woodcock St 04:00 19:00
- Aston St 04:00 19:00
- James Watt Queensway 07:00 16:00
- Moor Street Queensway 07:00 16:00
- Park St 07:00 16:00
- Moat Lane 07:00 16:00
- Digbeth High St 07:00 16:00 (Park St to Moat Lane)
- Bradford St 07:00 16:00
- Rea St 06:00 15:30
- Barford St 06:00 15:30
- Moseley St 06:00 15:30
- Cheapside 06:00 15:30
- Lombard St 06:00 15:30
- Adelaide St 06:00 15:30
- MacDonald St 06:00 15:30
- Bishop St 06:00 15:30
- Gooch St 06:00 15:30
- Sherlock St 06:00 15:30
- Pershore Rd 06:00 15:30 (Belgrave Is to Edgbaston)
- Pershore Rd 04:00 15:30 (Edgbaston to Mary Vale Rd)
- Edward Rd 08:00 12:00 (Pershore Rd to Eastwood Rd)
- Speedwell Rd 08:00 12:00
- Balsall Heath Rd 06:00 15:00
- Clevedon Rd 06:00 15:00
- Lincoln St 06:00 15:00
- Hallam St 06:00 15:00
- Willows Rd 06:00 15:00
- Edgbaston Road 06:00 15:00
- Priory Rd 06:00 15:00 (Pershore Rd to Bristol Rd)
- Cannon Hill Park 06:00 15:00
- Queens Ride 06:00 15:00
- Mary Vale Rd 06:00 15:00 (Pershore Rd to Franklin Way)
- Franklin Way 06:00 15:00
- Bourneville Lane 06:00 15:00
- Hazelwell St 06:00 15:00
- Dogpool Pane 08:30 15:30
- Selly Park Rd 08:30 15:00
- Selly Park Av. 08:30 15:00
- Elmond Rd 08:30 15:00
- Serpentine Rd 08:30 15:00
- Oakfield Rd 08:30 15:00
- Kensington Rd 08:30 15:00
What do I get for taking part?
Before the event:
- Your personal run pack sent to you in the post, with your run number and timing chip
- Access to training plans to keep you on track
- Exclusive offers and competitions from our partners and sponsors
- Support and advice all the way up to event day
- Regular emails keeping you motivated and moving
- A huge supportive and inclusive social community on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to help you on your running journey.
On event day:
- Access to the free Great Run app to allow your loved ones to track your progress along the route
- Access to the Great Run information point for any last minute queries (or safety pins)
- Closed roads offering a safe running environment
- Food and drink options to refuel
- A shiny new medal, an exclusive finishers t-shirt plus a finisher’s bag filled with goodies
- Plenty of medical support all around our routes should you ever need any assistance
- A huge round of applause as you cross the finish.
After the event:
- Official event day photos available to view and purchase a couple of days after the event, so smile for the cameras!
- Your official result ready shortly after you cross the finish line
A message from the editor:
Thank you for reading. BirminghamWorld is Birmingham’s latest news website, championing everything that is great about our city - reporting on news, lifestyle and sport. We want to start a community among our readers, so please follow us on Facebook,Twitter and Instagram, and keep the conversation going.