FIFA 22 will be released on October 1st and before you’ve even had a chance to rant about how it’s the same as all the others, we’re giving you another reason to, by looking at the player ratings.
As the game edges closer, the overalls of this year’s crop of players has been revealed.
Wolverhampton Wanderers finished 13th in the Premier League last season in what was widely regarded as a disappointing campaign.
And to add insult to injury, EA Sports have only gone and lowered a lot of the Wolves players ratings in this latest edition.
From pace to skill moves, here’s all you need to know about Wanderers in FIFA 22.
For the second season running, Raul Jimenez tops the charts as the best player in the squad even though he does lose one overall from the previous edition going from an 84 to 83.
It’s arguably a little surprising to see Jimenez as the highest overall considering he missed nearly the entirety of 2020/21 but with that said, everyone knows just how good he can be when he’s at his best.
Obviously the previous campaign fell short of the standards that have been set at Molineux but FIFA seem to have been a little harsh on this Wolves team, giving just two players a rating increase from last year.
Ki-Jana Hoever see’s a +2 to his name as he rises to 65 from 63 and Fabio Silva gets a +1, moving to 70 from 69.
And where the previous list was a very short one, this is far longer.
Five players that were at the club last year take hits on their overall in FIFA 22. The positive being, none lose more than just one.
The aforementioned Jimenez drops from 84-83 and he is joined by Nelson Semedo (81-80), Joao Moutinho (81-80), Romain Saiss (79-78) & Marcal (76-75).
No prizes for guessing who is fastest in the team.
Adama Traore comes in with a massive 96 pace which actually makes him the second quickest player in the entire game.
He’s joined on 96 by Bayern Munich’s Alphonso Davies, with PSG’s Kylian Mbappe taking the speed crown on 97.
Wolves do have a relatively pacey team on FIFA 22. Daniel Podence makes it up to 90 and Pedro Neto gets a respectable 87.
On the flip-side, captain Conor Coady won’t be making his way into many Ultimate Teams with his 47 pace.
Skill moves & weak foot
Nobody in the Wolves team was adjudged to be skillful enough to boast five star skill-moves however there are five that come in with four.
Semedo, Trincao, Traore, Podence and Neto land four whereas the latter two also see themselves pick up a four star weak-foot trait.
Others that bag themselves four star weak-foot include Jimenez, Ruben Neves, Moutinho, Willy Boly, Hwang Hee-Chan, Silva, Max Kilman and Chem Campbell.
Wolves under-23 defender Pascal Astrada is the unlucky man that takes the infamous worst card in the team award.
The young Austrian has played all five games in Premier League 2 this season but is yet to make an appearance in the Wanderers first team.
Wolverhampton Wanderer’s FIFA 22 ratings in full
- Raul Jimenez - ST - 83 rated
- Ruben Neves - CM - 82 rated
- Nelson Semedo - RWB - 80 rated
- Joao Moutinho - CM - 80 rated
- Jonny - LWB - 80 rated
- Willy Boly - CB - 79 rated
- Conor Coady - CB - 79 rated
- Jose Sa - GK - 79 rated
- Adama Traore - RW - 78 rated
- Daniel Podence - LW - 78 rated
- Pedro Neto - LW - 78 rated
- Romain Saiss - CB - 78 rated
- Leander Dendoncker - CM - 77 rated
- Trincao - RW - 76 rated
- Hwang Hee-Chan - ST - 75 rated
- Marcal - LB - 75 rated
- Rayan Ait Nouri - LWB - 73 rated
- Fabio Silva - ST - 70 rated
- Max Kilman - CB - 70 rated
- John Ruddy - GK - 70 rated
- Ki-Jana Hoever - RWB - 65 rated
- Yerson Mosquera - CB - 64 rated
- Bruno Jordao - CM - 62 rated
- Oskar Buur Rasmussen - RB - 62 rated
- Luke Matheson - RWB - 62 rated
- Meritan Shabani - CAM - 62 rated
- Hugo Bueno - LWB - 59 rated
- Christian Marques - CB - 58 rated
- Chem Campbell - CAM - 58 rated
- Joe Hodge - CDM - 55 rated
- Lewis Richards - CB - 54 rated
- Luke Cundle - CM - 54 rated
- Conor Carty - ST - 54 rated
- Pascal Estrada - CB - 51 rated
Do you agree with Wolves’ FIFA 22 player ratings? Let us know in the comments below or tweet us @bhamworld_