Aston Villa fell to their fourth straight Premier League defeat on Sunday afternoon as they were hammered 4-1 by West Ham United.
Four losses in a row and 12 goals conceded in that time means the Villa player credentials are getting damaged both on and off the pitch. From a fantasy football perspective, there aren’t many attractive looking targets in the side right now.
Here’s the claret & blue round-up from gameweek 10.
Ollie Watkins (£7.3m) - 7 points
With Danny Ings out injured, Watkins went back to his more familiar role of leading the line on his own and for him at least, it worked.
He scored his third goal of the season and was denied a second only by an excellent save from Lukasz Fabianski.
Still looks a bit too pricey for my liking but depending on the extent of Ings’ injury, he could be worth a punt.
Emi Buendia (£6.3m) - 4 points
Short list, this. Buendia was the only other Villa player on the night to score more than two points.
He got the assist for the Watkins equaliser in the first half but was later sacrificed early in the second-half following Ezri Konsa’s red card.
Emiliano Martinez (£5.5m) - 1 point
Martinez has been one of Villa’s standout performers this season but Sunday was a day to forget for the Argentine.
Though the goals weren’t all his fault, he’d probably be the first to admit he has to do better with at least two of them and there was no penalty save to boost the points this week.
Tyrone Mings (£5.0) - 0 points
Dean Smith made the brave decision to drop his captain for this game after a number of below-par performances but following Konsa’s dismissal, he had to be brought into the game.
Villa conceded two in the 40 or so minutes Mings was on the pitch which resulted in a big old goose egg from the England centre-back.
Matty Cash (£5.1) - 0 points
The now Poland international had his second consecutive disappointing week from a fantasy perspective.
With Villa struggling to score much at one end and conceding bagfuls at the other, it’s not a great time to own the right-back.
- Danny Ings - Injury: Unknown - Expected return date: Unknown
- Douglas Luiz - Injury: Unknown - Expected return date: Unknown
- Jacob Ramsey - Injury: High ankle sprain - Expected return date: Unknown
- Bertrand Traore - Injury: Knee - Expected return date: 05/11/21
Aston Villa FPL scores in full
- Ollie Watkins (£7.3m) - 7 points
- Emiliano Buendia (£6.3m) - 4 points
- Marvelous Nakamba (£4.5m) - 2 points
- Leon Bailey (£6.4m) - 2 points
- Emiliano Martinez (£5.5m) - 1 points
- Ashley Young (£4.8m) - 1 point
- John McGinn (£5.8m) - 1 point
- Anwar El Ghazi (£5.7m) - 1 point
- Jacob Ramsey (£4.5m) - 1 point
- Kourtney Hause (£4.4m) - 0 points
- Tyrone Mings (£5.0m) - 0 points
- Matt Targett (£4.7m) - 0 points
- Matty Cash (£5.1m) - 0 points
Next up for Villa
Aston Villa travel to the south coast on Friday evening to take on Southampton. Kick-off: 20:00 (BST).
Thank you for reading. BirminghamWorld is Birmingham’s latest news website, championing everything that is great about our city - reporting on news, lifestyle and sport. We want to start a community among our readers, so please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and keep the conversation going.