The Orchards Four Oaks Estate
Around 10-miles outside Birmingham city centre, Four Oaks sits on the outskirts of Sutton Park, with a range of shops, schools and restaurants within close proximity.
It’s a premium address, popular with some of the most affluent West Midlands residents, including footballers and business magnates.
According to the property website Rightmove, average house prices in Four Oaks sat at around £481,255 in the last year, with the most popular homes being detached houses - selling on average for £660,752.
Semi-detached homes were the second most popular, selling for an average of £364,578. On average Four Oaks flats fetch £194,536.
Last year saw a 2% increase in properties sold in Four Oaks compared to 2019, with a whopping 16% increase on the 2017 peak.
So if money was no object, how much would the most expensive property advertised for sale on Four Oaks Estate set you back?
Seven-bedroom detached family home The Orchards on Four Oaks Estate
With an incredible amount of space and tastefully decorated throughout, this seven-bedroom detached property is on the market with Aston Knowles with a price tag for offers around £2,895,000.
The modern two-storey home is set in a private location, approached from Ladwyood Road, via an impressive double driveway, lying along the northern and eastern borders of Sutton Park.
The main entrance is through an oak door which leads into an Italian marble tiled reception hall.
The well-laid out ground floor features a large drawing room which opens into a stunning orangery with faces onto the rear garden.
Ideal for family life and socialising there’s a guest cloakroom, large games room with bar.
The home also comes with its own cinema room which has individual electric sockets for specialist seating and has been sound insulated for optimum viewing experiences.
Bedroom seven is accessed from the games room which provides perfect guest accommodation or flexible space as a childrens playroom or hobbies room.
A study is fitted with quality furniture and is also located off the reception hall.
An open plan kitchen/breakfast room is fitted with quality cream shaker style wall and floor cupboards with complementary Quartz work surfaces and Italian solid marble flooring.
The kitchen includes electronic velux sky lights, and integrated appliances including a Smeg coffee machine, Smeg microwave, Neff double self-cleaning oven, five ring burner hob with extractor fan above, dishwasher, fridge and additional tall fridge and freezer.
A sizeable center island features a breakfast bar making the area a great space to enjoy family time.
The kitchen has bi folding doors opening into the family room and the utility room is also accessed from the kitchen.
The leisure suite is accessed from the kitchen and features the sports swimming pool and hot tub (available by separate negotiation), shower room and changing room.
French doors lead from the pool into the rear garden decked terrace which can also be accessed from the family room and orangery, a perfect entertaining space.
Gardens And Grounds - The property has a sweeping paved driveway leading to the house and triple garage all with replacement electrically operated insulated garage doors.
To the rear of the house are landscaped gardens comprising a decked terrace accessible from the leisure suite, family room, orangery and games room.
The terrace makes for an ideal area for al fresco entertaining and offers views over the neatly manicured lawned garden, which is complemented by landscaped borders with established mature trees and shrubs.
There is a large lawned area to the right side of the house, a perfect place for family fun and games.
The property is located just a short walk away from Four Oaks Station, making it perfect for commuting into the city centre and surrounding areas.
Five great reasons to move to Four Oaks
- If you enjoy green spaces, then you’ll feel right at home in this suburb. Four Oaks sits on the outskirts of the beautiful Sutton Park, which offers peaceful walking routes alongside restaurants including Miller & Carter and The Bracebridge. The park is also the selected sport for the Commonwealth Games Triathlon in 2022.
- When it comes to sports, Four Oaks has three golf clubs nearby, including Moor Hall Golf Club, which is located next to Moor Hall Hotel & Spa. The area also has a tennis club and squash club for your weekly workouts.
- Four Oaks has multiple primary schools in the area, alongside secondary schools including Fairfax Academy, Bishop Vasey’s Grammar School and Sutton Coldfield Grammar School for Girls.
- At around 10 miles outside of the city centre, Four Oaks allows residents to easily commute to for work and leisure. Driving will take you around 40 minutes, or you can catch the train, which takes around the same time, with services running every 20 minutes.
- Four Oaks is a pretty safe place to live. In the last 12 months alone the crime rates have been relatively low, with seven crimes reported between April and October this year, with June seeing zero crimes committed according to police.uk.
A message from the editor:
Thank you for reading. BirminghamWorld is Birmingham’s latest news website, championing everything that is great about our city - reporting on news, lifestyle and sport. We want to start a community among our readers, so please follow us on Facebook,Twitter and Instagram, and keep the conversation going.