Suburbs of Birmingham
Offering a diverse range of properties from apartments to sleek and stylish contemporary homes, life in Longbridge could be a fantastic option for young couples and families looking for a comfortable lifestyle in one of the fastest transforming cities in the world.
The suburb which is just eight miles from the city centre has come a long way since the world famous car factories shut up shop, while remaining proud of its industrial heritage.
Today you will find an array of shops, dining spots and businesses - with more being added everyday. Longbridge is also home to some of Birmingham’s most celebrated green spaces, including the Lickey Hills Country Park and Cofton Park.
Property website Rightmove states that house prices in Longbridge hold an average selling price of £193,152.
The majority of properties sold in Longbridge last year were semi-detached - selling for an average price of £201,591. Terraced properties sold for an average of £178,125, with flats fetching £139,167.
Rightmove also states that sales were down in Longbridge by 2% in 2020, but 6% up on the 2018 peak of £181,662.
So if you’re on the hunt for the perfect property in Longbridge, we’ve selected three properties from the cheapest to the most expensive in the area.
One-bedroom apartment, Austin View
Longbridge is set to welcome a brand new development, Austin View, which features a mix of stunning apartments, brought to the area by St. Mowden Homes.
With an open plan kitchen and living room area, a new build one-bedroom apartment is on the market with Rightmove from £144,995.
An ideal home for a first-time buyer, these stunning apartments will be finished to a beautifully high standard, featuring a spacious bedroom and bathroom.
You’ll find essential shops just around the corner and beautiful green spaces just a short walk, run or cycle away.
Three bedroom semi-detached, Tessall Lane
This property is to be sold by live auction, and is in need of renovation
It is situated between Northfield and Longbridge and recommended for both owner occupiers and investors.
The property features good sized rooms and a garden, which also requires some work.
It is being sold by Auction Estates, a dedicated Property Auction House specialising in the sale of all types of residential housing, commercial property, development land and specialist property investments.
The house is just 0.5 miles from Longbridge Train station, and you can find full details about it here.
Four-bedroom semi-detached, Bristol Road South
Packed with character throughout, this charming four-bedroom property is currently for sale with AP Morgan with offers in excess of £380,000.
Located on Bristol Road South, this semi-detached sits in the heart of Longbridge, just up the road from the Town Centre. It boasts two spacious reception rooms, an office and a study on the ground floor, as well as a modern kitchen.
Upstairs are three good-sized bedrooms, alongside a further smaller bedroom. The property also has a gorgeous garden, plenty of character and off-road parking. It’s also a short walk away from Lonbridge’s prime amenities, with the train station just 0.3 miles away.
Five great things about living in Longbridge
- A desirable area for young and growing families, Longbridge has a solid education system. As well as nurseries and schools and academies from primary to secondary levels, it’s also home to South & City College’s Bournville campus, which offers a range of courses.
- Longbridge has a strong selection of shops at its disposal. As well as being home to the biggest Marks & Spencer in the West Midlands, Longbridge Shopping also has a host of high street names including, Poundland, Smyths, Barclays and more.
- Longbridge has undergone £3billion of development work, regenerating the area and introducing 500 new jobs, 1,400 new homes and over 40 acres of green space. It’s also next to the stunning Cofton Park, which boasts 135 acres of luscious land.
- It recently welcomed the highly-anticipated Herbert’s Yard, a 6,458 sq ft of brand new events space run by the team behind the award-winning Digbeth Dining Club. Open daily, Herbert’s Yard will host a range of events, as well as dishing up mouth-watering street food. You can find out more by clicking here.
- Longbridge prides itself on having a real sense of community to help the area grow and become a wonderful place to live. Residents and businesses alike are working together to help inject personality into Longbridge, while also focusing on sustainability by planting trees and creating safe public spaces.
A message from the editor:
Thank you for reading. BirminghamWorld is Birmingham’s latest news website, championing everything that is great about our city - reporting on news, lifestyle and sport. Find out more about who’s who in the team, and our editorial values. We want to start a community among our readers, so please follow us on Facebook,Twitter and Instagram, and keep the conversation going.