Most expensive property for sale in Edgbaston - on Farquhar Road
As one of the most popular suburbs in the city - alongside Harborne, Kings Heath and Stirchley - Edgbaston is a great spot for young couples and families who want to blend village life while enjoying everything that city life has to offer.
Just three miles away from the city centre, homes are in high demand in this leafy suburb, and they don’t come cheap!
The area has a beautiful blend of independent shops, bars and restaurants alongside plenty of green spaces that are perfect for afternoon strolls and picnics in the park when the sun makes an appearance.
According to Rightmove, properties in Edgbaston held an average value of £410,602 in 2020.
The site also states the terraced properties were the majority of sales last year, selling for an average price of £317,931. Flats came second with a price tag of around £199,478, followed by semi-detached homes with an average cost of £473,977.
Rightmove also states that the property market has been booming in Edgbaston, with sales up by 23% last year compared to 2019.
So, if you’re thinking of relocating to one of the most desirable places in Birmingham, we’ve sifted through some of the properties currently on the market, from the cheapest to the most expensive.
Six bedroom detached house, Farquhar Road - £2.8m
Edgbaston is home to some of the most luxurious properties in the city, including this six-bedroom detached house, which is on the market with Fine & Country Birmingham at £2,800,000.
Situated near the University of Birmingham’s Edgbaston Campus, this property has a ground floor comprising of an orangey, luxury kitchen / breakfast room, utility and laundry room, family room, sitting room, drawing room and garage.
Beautifully decorated throughout, the first floor boasts four bedrooms, including the master, which has its own dressing room and en suite. On the second floor is the final bedroom, plus a sauna room.
The property also has a stunning garden to the rear, plus a spacious paved driveway, complete with electric security gates. Other features include an integrated sound system, integrated CCTV and intruder alarm.
With the University campus just a stone’s throw away, the property has three train stations close by to commute into the city centre. A range of shops, bars and restaurants close by, as well as a number of schools.
Three-bedroom townhouse, Ryland Road - £525,000
Located on Ryland Road, this attractive three-bedroom townhouse is filled with character.
On the market with James Laurence Sales & Lettings with a price tag of £525,000, this three-storey property could make a beautiful family home right in the heart of Edgbaston.
Well presented throughout, it comprises of a spacious lounge and dining area on the ground floor, which a modern kitchen and utility to the rear leading to an attractive landscaped garden. There’s also a cellar area, which has the potential to be converted into an additional family living space.
Upstairs are three good-sized bedrooms, one of which is ensuite, as well as a spacious family bathroom. The attic space has also been converted to serve as a further fourth bedroom.
On the outskirts of Edgbaston, this property is relatively close to the City Centre, with Five Ways Station 0.3 miles away. There are also a number of schools nearby.
You can view the full details of the property on Ryland Road in Edgbaston here
Four-bedroom terraced house, Summerfield Crescent - £350,000
Offering views of the reservoir and period features, this four-bedroom terraced house is currently on the market with Oakmans with offers in excess of £350,000.
With plenty of opportunities to enhance its gorgeous period features, this property boasts two reception rooms, a kitchen, dining room and basement on the ground floor.
The first floor comprises three bedrooms and a family bathroom, while the master suite can be found in the loft, which also boasts an ensuite.
As well as benefitting from picturesque views of the reservoir, this property is also in close proximity to a number of schools, Summerfield Park, and a variety of shops and restaurants are just a short walk away.
You can view full details of the property for sale on Summerfield Crescent in Edgbaston here
Five great reasons to move to Edgbaston
- Sports fans will feel right at home in Edgbaston. Each year Edgbaston Stadium hosts some of the biggest cricket competitions and matches in the world, including The Hundred, which made its debut in 2021.
- When it comes to wining and dining, there are plenty of places in Edgbaston to keep you fed and watered. From extravagant cocktails and afternoon teas at The Edgbaston, to cosy pubs like The Physician, you’ll find something to suit you.
- Edgbaston is one of the city’s leafiest suburbs. It’s home to the beautiful Birmingham Botanical Gardens, The Vale and Winterbourne House & Garden, so there’s plenty for all ages to explore if you need to escape from the city centre. You’ll also find MAC Birmingham in Edgbaston, which hosts a variety of events and has its own cinema.
- There are plenty of schools that are close to Edgbaston, including independent schools for boys and girls. Just a short bus or car trip away is a fantastic selection of academies in the suburb of Harborne.
- For commuters, Edgbaston is a fantastic place to live as it’s only three miles away from the city centre. There are bus links that will take you into the main parts of the city, and if you want to be more eco-friendly, you can cycle there in around 11 minutes.
A message from the editor:
Thank you for reading. BirminghamWorld is Birmingham’s latest news website, championing everything that is great about our city - reporting on news, lifestyle and sport. We want to start a community among our readers, so please follow us on Facebook,Twitter and Instagram, and keep the conversation going.