Perry Barr Regeneration aims to build on the legacy of the Commonwealth Games 2022
Situated in North Birmingham, the suburb of Perry Barry is just three and a half miles away from the city centre, making it an ideal spot for those looking for a short commute into the city for work.
Offering a mix of new builds alongside terraced houses with plenty of charm, Perry Barr is one of the latest areas in the city, alongside Longbridge, to receive Government funding for regeneration work.
According to Rightmove, properties in Perry Barr had an average selling price of £181,750 in 2020.
The website also states that the ‘majority of properties that sold were terraced properties, selling for an average price of £174,082. Semi-detached properties sold for an average of £184,193, with detached properties fetching £252,000.’
And despite the impact the pandemic had on the housing market, property sales across Perry Barr increased by 14% compared to 2019, according to Rightmove.
To give you an idea of what your money can get you in Perry Barr if you’re searching for a new property, we’ve selected three properties from the cheapest to the most expensive in the area.
One-bedroom apartment, Walsall Road
This one-bedroom modern living space offers an attractive living space, located in H Residence on Walsall Road.
The apartment, which is currently on the market with ODOS at £129,000, features an open-plan living and kitchen area, complete with integrated appliances, a double bedroom and a bathroom. The complex also has two communal roof terraces and a concierge.
Situated close to the Alexandra Stadium, Perry Barr train station and a selection of other amenities are just a short walk away. Strong road networks also offer links to major motorways including the M5, M6 and the M42.
Three-bedroom semi-detached, Burton Wood Drive
Just a stone’s throw away from Perry Barr train station, this beautifully presented three-bedroom home is on the market with eXp UK West Midlands with offers over £250,000.
Tastefully decorated throughout, this property comprises a good-sized living room, modern kitchen and dining area, three spacious bedrooms, a family bathroom and a great garden with a paved and grass area.
With local shops, restaurants and schools nearby, this could be a perfect home for a young family in the heart of Perry Barr.
Four-bedroom semi-detached, Rocky Lane
If you’ve got a bit more of a budget, then this four-bed semi-detached property on Rocky Lane might be just what you’re looking for.
On the market with Paul Carr Estate Agents, Hampstead, at £270,000, the ground floor comprises of an open-plan lounge area, fitted kitchen and dining area, conservatory and a shower room.
On the first floor are four bedrooms and a family bathroom, while a generous garden with a garage is at the rear of the property. The property also boasts a bricked driveway for off-road parking.
Five great reasons to move to Perry Barr
- Perry Barr will be playing a huge part in the Commonwealth Games in 2022 as it’s home to the Alexandra Stadium. Hosting the opening and closing ceremony, as well as track and athletic events, the stadium is currently undergoing a £72.4million renovation.
- Perry Barr is also one of the most diverse areas in the city. According to Birmingham City Council, 60% of its population is from a BAME background. It’s also one of the youngest suburbs in the city, heavily contributing to Birmingham being the youngest city in Europe.
- Perry Barr is currently one of the areas undergoing a multi-million-pound regeneration, with a £700+ million of public sector investment working to create new homes, improvements to public transport, and community spaces and facilities.
- Perry Barr has a fantastic selection of schools including, Prince Albert Secondary School, Cherry Orchard Primary School and Broadway Academy.
- Perry Barr is working hard to build a strong community as part of its regeneration work. With more homes being built, the City Council ran a competition for new street names in the area, some of which include Equality Road, Inspire Avenue and Diversity Grove. You can find out more about the street names here.
A message from the editor:
Thank you for reading. BirminghamWorld is Birmingham’s latest news website, championing everything that is great about our city - reporting on news, lifestyle and sport. Find out more about who’s who in the team, and our editorial values. We want to start a community among our readers, so please follow us on Facebook,Twitter and Instagram, and keep the conversation going.