Royal Sutton Fun Run: road closures in place for the charity event
There will be road closures in place for Royal Sutton Fun Run -an 8.5-mile charity fundraising fun run on Sunday, June 4, 2023
and live on Freeview channel 276
Royal Sutton Fun Run is in its 40th year in 2023 and it’s returning soon. It’s an 8.5-mile charity fundraising fun run on Sunday, June 4, 2023 on closed streets in Royal Sutton Coldfield and through Sutton Park.
Hundreds of people will begin the 8.5-mile route by climbing Mill Street out of Royal Sutton Coldfield town centre.
The route also goes into Sutton Park - Europe’s largest urban park - at Boldmere Gate before going up to the Jamboree Stone, which was the site of the 1957 World Scout Jamboree. Runners will then move towards Keepers Pool and onto Town Gate drinks stage.
From here they pass Blackroot Pool, and head out of Sutton Park at Four Oaks Gate. The final 1.5 miles, along Four Oaks Road & Lichfield Road to the finish in Royal Sutton Coldfield town centre, is not as uphill as the rest of the route.
However, whether you are a spectator or just trying to pass through the town - there will be several road closures in place for the event taking place on Sunday (June 4) that must be kept in mind.
Here are the roads that will be closed:
- Four Oaks Road
- Lichfield Road between Four Oaks Road and High Street, Sutton.
- Anchorage Road
- High Street
- Mill Street
- The Parade
- Lower Parade
- South Parade
- Brassington Avenue – a two-way system will be implemented for the duration of the road closure to permit vehicles access to and exit from The Gracehcurch Shopping Centre car park and surrounding pay & display car parks.
- Park Road between Garrard Gardens & Brassington Avenue
- Upper Clifton Road* Clifton Road
- Somerville Road
- Monmouth Drive – from Stonehouse Road to Somerville Road.
Some key information to remember:
- Monmouth Drive from the Junction with Stonehouse Road to Somerville Road - Will re-open at approximately 12.45pm after all entrants have entered Sutton Park at Boldmere Gate.
- Somerville Road from the Junction with Monmouth Drive - Access ONLY to Wyndley Leisure Centre/Public Swimming Pool will be permitted from 12.45pm. No traffic will be permitted beyond the Leisure Centre car park as there is no access to Town Gate, Sutton Town Hall, Railway Station, Tamworth Rd, Lichfield Rd, Good Hope Hospital or Sutton town centre via Somerville Road.
- Four Oaks Railway Station - Access to Four Oaks Railway Station will be maintained throughout the duration of the road closure from Mere Green along Lichfield Road and from Wentworth Road off Four Oaks Park.
- Four Oaks Estate/Park - For the duration of the road closure 10.15 – 3.00pm, access to and exit from Four Oaks Park will be controlled at Wentworth Rd at the junction with Four Oaks Road with access towards Mere Green via Lichfield Road only. Residents will be permitted to exit Four Oaks Park via Wyvern Road junction with Lichfield Road between 10.15 and 11.30 to Tamworth Road ONLY.
For more information, visit the Royal Sutton Fun Run website.