Dozens of famous TV stars and shows from up and down the country have been nominated for the prestigious National Television Awards 2022, and there are two big names from Birmingham shortlisted.
From game shows to presenters and drama performances, there are a whole host of prizes up for grabs at the NTAs.
With ten awards dedicated to shows and six for individuals, there are a total of 16 up for grabs. Having won, as a pair, 20 straight TV presenter awards, Anthony McPartlin and Declan Donnelly are the most serial winners at the NTAs.
The National Television Awards has had five presenters over the years: Eamonn Holmes in 1995; Sir Trevor McDonald between 1996 and 2008; Dermot O’Leary between 2010 and 2019; David Walliams in 2020; and Joel Dommett in 2021. It was confirmed in the spring that Joel Dommett, a British comedian, will remain as the host for the 2022 NTAs.
The host venue of the show has also varied with it first taking place at Wembley Conference Centre in 1995; Royal Albert Hall between 1996 and 2008; The O2 Arena between 2010 and 2021; and now the OVO Arena Wembley in 2022.
Here’s everything you need to know about the National Television Awards 2022, including who from Birmingham has been nominated, the full shortlist, how to vote for your favourites, how to get tickets, and how to watch the ceremony on TV.
When is the National Television Awards 2022?
This year’s NTAs ceremony will take place on Thursday 13 October 2022, at 7.30pm.
It will be hosted by Joel Dommett at OVO Arena Wembley.
Who from Birmingham has been nominated for the National Television Awards 2022?
There are two big names related to Birmingham nominated for the NTAs in 2022.
- ‘Peaky Blinders’, which is set in Birmingham, has been shortlisted for Best Returning Drama.
- Alison Hammond, who was born in Birmingham, has been shortlisted for Best TV Presenter. She has made headlines for her nomination as she flies the flag for ‘This Morning’ ahead of Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby.
Full shortlist for the National Television Awards 2022
Here are all the nominated individuals and shows shortlisted for an NTA in 2022, as well as the awards they have a chance of winning.
- Jonathan Bailey - Anthony Bridgerton - Bridgerton
- Vicky McClure - Lana Washington - Trigger Point
- Cillian Murphy - Thomas Shelby - Peaky Blinders
- Nicola Walker - Hannah - The Split
The Bruce Forsyth Entertainment Award
- Sir David Attenborough - The Green Planet
- Martin Lewis - The Martin Lewis Money Show
- Kaleb Cooper - Clarkson’s Farm
- Jay Blades - The Repair Shop
Talent Show Judge
- Mo Gilligan - The Masked Singer
- David Williams - Britain’s Got Talent
- RuPaul - RuPaul’s Drag Race UK
- Anton Du Beke - Strictly Come Dancing
Serial Drama Performance
- Rose Ayling-Ellis - Frankie Lewis - EastEnders
- Mark Charnock - Marlon Dingle - Emmerdale
- Gillian Wright - Jean Slater - EastEnders
- Paige Sandhu - Meena Jutla - Emmerdale
Quiz Game Show
- Charithra Chandran - Edwina Sharma - Bridgerton
- Joe Locke - Charlie Spring - Heartstopper
- Kit Connor - Nick Nelson - Heartstopper
- Paddy Bever - Max Turner - Coronation Street
How to vote for the National Television Awards 2022
Voting for the National Television Awards 2022 will reopen soon, and the general public can select one nominee for each award.
Voting, which is done on the official National Television Awards website, has been extended after Her Majesty The Queen’s death, and will now reopen on Tuesday 20 September.
How to get tickets for the National Television Awards 2022
Tickets are now on sale on Ticketmaster, with the cheapest being the standard NTA tickets which come in at £46 per person.
Red Carpet viewing tickets are listed at £142 each, whereas the VIP Experience is available on the Ticketmaster website at £250 (plus booking fees) per head.
Tickets under the Gold Star VIP and Premium VIP categories are all sold out, which means those looking for an even more luxurious experience will miss out this year.
Those wanting to head to this year’s ceremony will have to be quick to buy tickets as there is limited availability at the time of publication.
How to watch the National Television Awards 2022
If you’re not lucky enough to grab a ticket for the 2022 NTAs, you can watch it from the comfort of your own home as it will be broadcast live on ITV1.
Coverage will start at 7.30pm on Thursday 13 October 2022, and the show will run for about two-and-a-half hours, finishing at 10pm.
This article contains affiliate links. We may earn a small commission on items purchased through this article, but that does not affect our editorial judgement.