National Express bus
National Express West Midlands is making changes to bus timetables across Birmingham, Solihull and the Black Country on Sunday 5 December 2021.
There will also be changes on 5 December to the National Express bus routes of:
- The 77 service between Walsall and Sutton Coldfield via Barr Beacon, Streetly and New Oscott
- The 46 service between Northfield and QE hospital
The bus operator is also reminding passengers of its safety advice on mask wearing to combat Covid infections - with masks now mandatory on buses, unless you are exempt.
What have National Express said about the changes to the timetables and routes?
National Express West Midlands Managing Director, David Bradford, said: “We are making small changes to many of our bus timetables to improve the punctuality of our services. We are adding in buses and drivers to improve reliability, especially at school times.
“I’d like to remind customers in Birmingham, Solihull and the Black Country to check our website for up-to-date information on the new times for their bus.”
“Could I also remind all our customers that since Tuesday 30 November 2021, it’s now mandatory to wear face coverings on all public transport, including buses, unless you’re exempt, so please remember to bring one with you for your journey.
“Travelling by bus is really safe - we are still carrying out enhanced cleaning of shared surfaces; using a long-lasting antimicrobial protective coating which is certified to kill covid - even between cleans; and our cleaners are still jumping on buses at key interchanges, town centres and bus stations.
“We know how important ventilation is in the fight against covid-19 - buses leave the depots with windows open to keep fresh air flowing through the bus. And our buses open their doors every two minutes on average.”
What are the bus route changes?
The number 77 bus between Walsall and Sutton Coldfield:
- Most journeys will run between Sutton Coldfield and Streetly (Hardwick Arms) only and will no longer serve Walsall.
- The route of the 77 will be the same between Sutton Coldfield & Blackwood Road, then Foley Road West and Chester Road to Hardwick Arms.
- Bus 935 provides an alternative between Streetly and Walsall. Bus 934 provides an alternative between Barr Beacon and Walsall. Service 6 will still run directly between Sutton Coldfield and Walsall.
- All journeys on Sundays & some on weekdays will still run to Walsall (as service 77A).
The number 46 bus between Northfield and QE hospital:
- The frequency of the 46 will be reduced to hourly between QE hospital and Hawkesley. Buses will still run every 30 minutes between Hawkesley and Northfield.
- Some journeys from Northfield will terminate in Hawkesley. These journeys will run along a one way loop via Old Portway, Edgewood Road, Longdales Road and Edgewood Road to turn around. There will be no change to the route of journeys running to and from QE hospital.
For more details about the new timetables from 5 December 2021, please check the National Express West Midlands website here see
Please see National Express West Midlands for more details on what is doing to keep everyone safe from Covid-19 while travelling on our buses.
A message from the editor:
Thank you for reading. BirminghamWorld is Birmingham’s latest news website, championing everything that is great about our city - reporting on news, lifestyle and sport. We want to start a community among our readers, so please follow us on Facebook,Twitter and Instagram, and keep the conversation going.