Deliveroo has released details of the top orders in Birmingham
Covid-19 rules may be easing meaning lots of us can get out and about a bit more - but Brummies haven’t lost their appetite for a tasty takeaway.
There are so many delicious restaurants you can order from across the city - so sometimes it’s just nice to chill out at home and get your favourite dish delivered straight to you.
And with so many great food spots across the city it’s no wonder that one of the quality independent eateries is topping the list.
Here’s the list of the top 10 Deliveroo orders in Birmingham over the six months - you’ll probably end up logging on for a tasty treat before you know it!
The margherita from Rudy’s pizza comes out on top as the number one favourite for Birmingham residents.
The independent Neapolitan Pizzeria is situated on Bennett’s Hill in the city centre, and the company also has restaurants in Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Warrington, Sale and London.
See the top 10 in full below:
1. Margherita - Rudy’s - the independent Neapolitan Pizzeria is situated on Bennett’s Hill in the city centre
2. 8 pieces wings - Wingstop - only opened in the Bullring a few months ago with some well known fans, including Stormzy
3. Bacon cheeseburger - Five Guys - it’s not cheap, but the American fast casual restaurant chain is a firm favourite in Birmingham
4. Chicken Shawarma - Pitalicious - who can’t resist Middle Eastern food, and this independent in Sutton Coldfield is a real hit
5. Boneless Banquet - KFC - the fast food chain has kept its fans happy
6. Grilled chicken burrito - Tortilla - just up the escalators from New Street in Grand Central the TexMex feasts are simply mouthwatering
7. Chicken strips - Piri Fino - flame grilled to perfection this independent business has outlets across the West Midlands
8. Desi breakfast - Chaiiwala - Inspired by the markets of Deli, you can find branches across the country, but Brummies love this dish the best
9. Chicken katsu - Yakinori - this independent Japanese restaurant has branches at Grand Central and Selly Oak, it’s definitely worth a try if you haven’t made an order yet
10. Our famous carvery - Toby Carvery - a staple favourite of best takeaway listings, the traditional dish is still popular in Birmingham
The most popular Deliveroo dishes in the UK
Despite being a relative newcomer to British shores, American burger joint Five Guys comes out on top.
Its humble cheeseburger was the UK’s most popular dish, piping the more long-standing KFC’s boneless banquet to the post.
Deliveroo could not reveal the number of times each meal or menu item was ordered.
Deliveroo, as with other food delivery apps, is not available everywhere in the country. Some popular brands, including McDonalds, are also not available on the platform.
Please note a version of this story appeared on our sister title NationalWorld
A message from the editor:
Thank you for reading. BirminghamWorld is Birmingham’s latest news website, championing everything that is great about our city - reporting on news, lifestyle and sport. We want to start a community among our readers, so please follow us on Facebook,Twitter and Instagram, and keep the conversation going.