Commonwealth Games schedule 2022: full list of when Birmingham events start, including gymnastics and swimming
The games get underway at the end of July at venues around the West Midlands
and live on Freeview channel 276
The full line-up and schedule for the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham has been released, with plenty of tickets still available.
Here’s all you need to know about when each event starts at the 2022 Commonwealth Games, and also information on how you can get tickets.
When is the 2022 Commonwealth Games?
The Games get underway on 28 July with the opening ceremony which will take place at the Alexander Stadium.
They will come to an end on 8 August with the closing ceremony which will be held at the same stadium.
When does each event take place?
The full schedule for the 2022 Commonwealth Games has been released, meaning you can plan for which event you would like to attend.
The schedule is listed below in alphabetical order, and includes the dates of all events including both the open and closing ceremonies.
- 28 July - Opening Ceremony
- 30 July Athletics - Marathon
- 2-7 August - Athletics and Para Athletics
- 29 July - 3 August - Aquatics - Diving 4-8 August
- 29 July - 8 August - Badminton
- 29 July - 2 August - Basketball 3x3 and Wheelchair Basketball 3x3
- 30 July - 7 August - Beach Volleyball
- 29 July - 4,6-7 August - Boxing
- 29-31 July August 2-4 and 6-7
- 3 August - Cycling - Mountain Biking
- 7 August - Cycling - Road Race
- 4 August - Cycling - Time Trial
- 29 July - 1 August - Cycling - Track and Para Track
- 29 July - 2 August - Gymnastics - Artistic
- 4-6 August - Gymnastics - Rhythmic
- 29 July - 8 August - Hockey
- 1-3 August - Judo
- 29 July - 6 August - Lawn Bowls and Para Lawn Bowls
- 29 July - 7 August - Netball
- 4 August - Para Powerlifting
- 29 -31 July - Rugby Sevens
- 29 July - 8 August - Squash
- 29 July - 8 August - Table Tennis and Para Table Tennis
- 29 and 31 July - Triathlon and Para Triathlon
- 30 July - 3 August - Weightlifting
- 5-6 August - Wrestling
- 8 August - Closing Ceremony
Where will the Commonwealth Games 2022 be held?
Across the 11 day celebration of sport, 15 venues in Birmingham and the surrounding area will host sessions.
These are listed below.
- Alexander Stadium, Birmingham
- Birmingham Arena
- Cannock Chase Forest
- Coventry Stadium and Arena (Ricoh Arena)
- Edgbaston Cricket Ground
- Lee Valley VeloPark
- The National Exhibition Centre (NEC)
- Sandwell Aquatics Centre
- Sutton Park
- University of Birmingham Hockey and Squash Centre
- Victoria Park
- Victoria Square
- West Park
For more information on each venue and information on how to get to each venue, visit the Commonwealth Games website
Can I still buy tickets?
The final batch of tickets was released to the public on 19 April 2022, and many of these tickets are still up for grabs.
Tickets for various events are on sale through the official website of the Commonwealth Games.
Lots of sessions of sport are still available, including athletics, T20 cricket and a small selection of tickets for the closing ceremony of the games.
Prices are displayed clearly on the games website, and many events are reasonably priced.
For example, tickets to the T20 group matches cost between £8 and £22.
Other events where tickets are still available include Basketball, Badminton, Cycling and Gymnastics.
To see the full list of available tickets and price options, either log in or make an account on the official Commonwealth Games website.