People aged 18 and over can now book a Covid-19 booster jab.
It comes amid fears of a rise in Covid cases, particularly those with the Omicron variant.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson has set a new target to give boosters to all adults who want one by the end of the month.
The PM said extra vaccine sites and mobile units would be set up across England, and opening hours extended.
He said: “At this point our scientists cannot say that Omicron is less severe.
“And even if that proved to be true, we already know it is so much more transmissible that a wave of Omicron through a population that was not boosted would risk a level of hospitalisation that could overwhelm our NHS and lead sadly to very many deaths.”
Who can get a COVID-19 booster vaccine
This week, the booster programme is being opened up to over-18s who have had their second dose at least three months ago.
Guidance states that boosters should be given no sooner than three months after people have received their second jab, halving the previous six month wait between doses.
Those who are severely immunosuppressed should be offered a booster jab no sooner than three months after completing their primary course of three doses.
Online bookings are now available for all those 18 and above.
Some vaccination sites will offer a walk-in service for those aged 18 and over.
More pop-up sites in and around Birmingham will be coming online with local areas looking at the most convenient sites for their communities – from trucks and buses in parks and shopping centres to sports stadiums and leisure centres.
At the moment, the NHS website states that you can get a booster dose from a walk-in site if it’s been 3 months (91 days) since your 2nd dose and you’re either:
- aged 18 years old or over
- aged 16 years old or over with a health condition that puts you at high risk from COVID-19
You can use the NHS online walk-in finder to find the closest walk-in site.
We’ve taken a look at where people can currently get a booster jab at walk-in clinics in Sandwell
This list was updated on Friday, 17 December
Here’s where you can get a booster jab in Sandwell today at mobile and walk-in clinics.
- West Bromwich Albion Football Club, The Hawthorns, Birmingham Road
- Victoria Pharmacy - Suffrage street, Smethwick
- NMC Venue, Birmingham Road, West Bromwich
- Ashworth Pharmacy, Queens Road, Smethwick
- Tipton Sports Academy, Wednesbury Oak Road, Tipton
- The Wesley Centre, Spring Head, Town Centre,
- Moxley Methodist Church, Tipton, High Street, Moxley, Bilston, Wednesbury
- Dunstones Chemist, Smethwick
- Ingrams Chemist, West Bromwich
- Asda walk-in clinic, off Windmill Lane, Smethwick
- Lyng Centre for Health and Social Care, Frank Fisher Way, West Bromwich
- Balaji Temple, Dudley Road East, Oldbury
A message from the editor:
Thank you for reading. BirminghamWorld is Birmingham’s latest news website, championing everything that is great about our city - reporting on news, lifestyle and sport. We want to start a community among our readers, so please follow us on Facebook,Twitter and Instagram, and keep the conversation going.