The Borrow Shop on Caroline Street in the Jewellery Quarter
Food hygiene ratings gives a snapshot of the standards of food hygiene found on the date of the inspection by a local authority.
The scheme gives businesses a rating from 5 to 0 which is displayed at premises and online so customers can make more informed choices about where to buy and eat food.
A 5-star rating means hygiene standards are very good, while 0 means urgent improvement is required.
Venues are marked on a number of factors, including the handling of food, how food is stored, how food is prepared, cleanliness of facilities and how food safety is managed.
Here are the latest ratings awarded to venues across Birmingham by the city council.
Restaurants, cafes and canteens
The following ratings have been given to seven restaurants, cafes or canteens:
• Rated 5: Verbena at 1474 Pershore Road, Bournville; rated on November 10
• Rated 5: Bite Central at 6 Horton Square, Balsall Heath; rated on October 30
• Rated 5: Costa Coffee at 32 Frederick Street, Jewellery Quarter; rated on October 21
• Rated 5: The Borrow Shop at Unit E, 15 Caroline Street, Jewellery Quarter; rated on October 21
• Rated 3: 3 Threes Coffee Lounge at Unit 8, 17-19 Martineau Place, Birmingham city centre; rated on October 11
• Rated 1: Shawarma Bite at 314 Ladypool Road, Balsall Heath; rated on October 11
• Rated 1: Yum Yum Pizza at 2266 Coventry Road, Sheldon; rated on October 4
Pubs, bars and nightclubs
And four ratings have been handed to pubs, bars or nightclubs:
• Rated 5: The Canal House at 12 Bridge Street, Birmingham city centre; rated on November 10
• Rated 5: The Highbury, Dads Lane, Moseley; rated on October 30
• Rated 5: The Prince of Wales Moseley, 118 Alcester Road, Moseley; rated on October 30
• Rated 3: The Pineapple Club at 16 Great Western Arcade, Birmingham city centre; rated on October 20
Plus six ratings for takeaways:
• Rated 5: Iskender Kebab at 100 Bull Street, Ladywood; rated on November 8
• Rated 5: BamTuk at Asda Stores Ltd, Walmley Ash Road, Sutton Coldfield; rated on November 4
• Rated 5: Sushi Daily at Asda Stores Ltd, Old Horns Crescent, Old Oscott; rated on November 4
• Rated 3: Burger Shack at 182 Maryland Avenue, Hodge Hill; rated on October 7
• Rated 2: Chaii Garden at 57a Alfred Street, Sparkbrook; rated on October 11
• Rated 0: Jade House at 335 Harborne Lane, Harborne, Birmingham; rated on October 11
A message from the editor:
Thank you for reading. BirminghamWorld is Birmingham’s latest news website, championing everything that is great about our city - reporting on news, lifestyle and sport. We want to start a community among our readers, so please follow us on Facebook,Twitter and Instagram, and keep the conversation going.