Several of National Express West Midlands bus services will face changes on Saturday (May 27) as Birmingham Pride gets underway.
There will be some road closures in Birmingham city centre to allow the Birmingham Pride Parade to take place. The closures will be between 8:30am and 2:30pm approximately. During this time, some bus services will also have stop changes or small diversions in place.
The parade road closures will begin from 9am at Centenary Square and Broad Street. However, the parade will take off from outside the Library of Birmingham around 11am.
It will then head towards Victoria Square and go further onto New Street and rounding off at Moor Street Station. The parade will then move on to Smallbrook Queensway before going into the LGBTQ+ village.
The Parade road closures will initially effect Centenary Square and Broad Street from 9am, then the rest of the route will have staggered closures in place from approx 11.30am to 3pm when the Parade is scheduled to have fully finished its progress through to the LGBTQ+ village.
Here is the full list of changes to NXWM bus service changes on Saturday:
- 2, 3, 4/4A, 5 & 6 - Services will terminate at stop MK6 on Moat Lane to unload only. Customers heading out of the City Centre will need to use stop DS1 on Digbeth High Street. Carrs Lane and Park Street will not be served.
- 9, 12/12A, 13/13A, X8 & X10 - Services will divert to and from Birmingham via Oozells Way, Sheepcote Street, Cambridge Street and Paradise Circus to Colmore Row.
- 16 - Service 16 will terminate at stop BS11 on Priory Queensway.
- 17, 60, 97, X1, X2 - Services will terminate at stop DS3 on Digbeth High Street. Albert Street and Moor Street will not be served.
- 23 & 24 - Services will divert to and from Birmingham and terminate at stop SH1 on Colmore Row. Smallbrook Queensway, Moor Street and Corporation Street will not be served.
- 33, 51, 907, 934, 935, 937, 997, X3, X4, X5, X14, X51 - Services will use Priory Queensway and not serve Moor Street.
- 61, 63, X21, X22 - Services will divert via the Queensway tunnels and will not serve Smallbrook Queensway or Moor Street. Customers should use stop BS10 on Priory Queensway.
- 80 - Services will terminate at stop HH2 at Holloway Head to unload only. Heading out of the city, customers should use stop HH1 at Holloway Head. Station Street, Upper Dean Street and Smallbrook Queensway will not be served.
- 82 & 87 - Services will terminate on Colmore Row. Station Street, Upper Dean Street and Smallbrook Queensway will not be served.
For more details, check the National Express West Midlands website.