Two eateries in Birmingham have been awarded five stars in the latest food hygiene ratings for restaurants, bars and takeaways across the city.
Food hygiene ratings report on the standards of food hygiene found during inspections by local authority officials.
The scheme gives businesses a rating from 5 to 0 which is displayed at premises and online so customers can make more informed choices about where to buy and eat food.
A 5-star rating means hygiene standards are very good, while 0 means urgent improvement is required.
Venues are marked on a number of factors, including the handling of food, how food is stored, how food is prepared, cleanliness of facilities and how food safety is managed.
Two Birmingham eateries - Wickes Building Supplies in Sutton Coldfield and The Cluster Kitchen Sparkbrook - have recently been given five star ratings.
Here are the latest ratings in full given to venues across Birmingham by the city council.
Restaurants, cafes and canteens
The following ratings have been given to nine restaurants, cafes or canteens:
• Rated 5: Wickes Building Supplies Ltd at Walmley Ash Road, Sutton Coldfield; rated on December 11
• Rated 4: Patiala Ltd at 1260 Pershore Road, Bournville; rated on December 2
• Rated 4: Chung Ying Cantonese Restaurant at 16-18 Wrottesley Street, Chinese Quarter; rated on November 29
• Rated 4: Aphamia at 262 High Street, Erdington, rated on November 26
• Rated 4: Algerino Little Coffee Shop at 68 High Street, Moseley and Kings Heath; rated on November 24
• Rated 4: Ark Indian Dining & Bar at 74-86 John Bright Street, Birmingham; city centre, rated on November 24
• Rated 1: Chicken.com at 216 St Vincent Street West, Ladywood, rated on December 1
• Rated 1: Lucky House at 335 Vicarage Road, Brandwood, rated on November 30
• Rated 0: Snax and Ladders at 41 Watford Road, Cotteridge; rated on November 30
Pubs, bars and nightclubs
• Rated 4: Sedgemere Sports & Social Club at 21 Sedgemere Road, Lea Hall; rated on December 1
• Rated 1: Copper Fox Bar & Grill at Copper Fox, 156 Quinton Road, Harborne; rated on December 2
• Rated 5: The Cluster Kitchen at Rear Of 104 Stoney Lane, Sparkbrook; rated on January 6
• Rated 3: Chicken.Com at 156 Soho Road, Gib Heath rated on December 2
• Rated 3: Chillichicks at 19 Bordesley Street, Birmingham city centre; rated on December 2
• Rated 3: Kins Crunchy Chicken at 2 Newbridge Road, Yardley, rated on November 30
• Rated 2: Arfat Kebab House at 684 Alum Rock Road, Alum Rock,; rated on December 7
• Rated 2: Pitstop at 193-194 Broad Street, Birmingham city centre; rated on December 7
• Rated 2: Diamond Grillz & Pizza Ltd at 298 Kitts Green Road, Kitts Green; rated on December 6
• Rated 2: Jawad Fish and Chips at 62 Robert Road, Handsworth; rated on December 1
• Rated 2: Subway at 195 Hagley Road, Edgbaston; rated on November 29
• Rated 1: Deens Birmingham at 628 Yardley Wood Road, Billesley; rated on December 7
• Rated 1: Abyssinia at 107 Villa Road, Lozells; rated on December 1
• Rated 0: Fung Wong Takeaway at 2 South Road, Stockland Green, Erdington; rated on December 7
• Rated 0: Chucky’s Chippy at 162 Stratford Road, Sparkbrook; rated on December 1
• Rated 0: Caribbean Flavaz at 32-34 Holloway Circus Queensway, Birmingham city centre; rated on November 30
A message from the editor:
Thank you for reading. BirminghamWorld is Birmingham’s latest news website, championing everything that is great about our city - reporting on news, lifestyle and sport. We want to start a community among our readers, so please follow us on Facebook,Twitter and Instagram, and keep the conversation going.