Birmingham road closures
And four of them are expected to cause moderate delays – with motorists facing holdups of between 10 minutes and half an hour.
The latest expected works list, with notes from National Highways, shows that five closures already in place are expected to carry on this week:
• M6, from 9.30pm June 22 2021 to 5.30am March 25 2022, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M6 northbound, junction 6, Lane closures for safety critical inspections.
• M6, from 9pm October 30 2021 to 6am March 26 2022, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M6 northbound and southbound, junction 6 to A38M into City AC and BC link roads, carriageway closure for installation of 24/7 hard shoulder closure for structure works.
• A38(M), from 9pm November 29 2021 to 6am March 31 2022, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): A38M, junction 6 M6, link road closures with speed restrictions for structural repairs.
• M6, from 9pm September 18 2019 to 6am December 31 2022, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M6, junction 6 BC link road, 24 hour hatched area for bridge repairs.
• A5, from 9pm December 8 2021 to 5.30am September 30 2023, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A5 westbound, hints bypass between the A453 and A38 junctions, (tamworth to lichfield), temporary speed limit and Lane closure with switching for general construction works.
And a further five closures will begin over the next seven days:
• M6, from 9pm January 4 to 5.30am January 6, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M6 northbound, junction 3 to junction 4, lane closures for cctv camera works.
• A38, from 9.30pm January 5 to 6am January 6, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M5 southbound, junction 2 to 3 and junction 3 exit slip, Lane closure leading to the closure of the exit slip for barrier repairs.
• A38, from 9pm January 10 to 6am January 12, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A38 northbound and southbound, at Littleworth End, lane closures for electrical works.
• M6, from 9pm January 11 to 6am January 13, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A452 northbound and southbound, castle bromwich interchange to spitfire island - lane closure for inspection/survey.
• M6, from 10pm January 17 to 6am February 14, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M6, junction 6 exit slips to Salford Circus northbound and southbound, Lane closures leading to closure of slips to Salford Circus.
National Highways is responsible for maintaining motorways and major A-roads, so closures of smaller roads will not be included in their schedule.
A message from the editor:
Thank you for reading. BirminghamWorld is Birmingham’s latest news website, championing everything that is great about our city - reporting on news, lifestyle and sport. We want to start a community among our readers, so please follow us on Facebook,Twitter and Instagram, and keep the conversation going.