Where can I get Covid tests in Birmingham? Where to get lateral flow tests near me - and how much they cost
Tests are available at pharamacies across Birmingham
and live on Freeview channel 276
Covid-19 is still spreading within the community, and many people will be keen to still get tested as much as possible.
Free tests are less available to the public now, with the widespread free distribution of tests being stopped in April.
With several chains of pharmacists stocking tests which can be bought from shops and online.
Here’s how to get hold of Covid-19 tests in Birmingham, and also which people can get access to free tests.
Where can I get Covid-19 tests in Birmingham?
High Street chains of pharmacists sell lateral flow tests both in store and online for a range of prices.
Below are the options for tests and the prices at Boots, Superdrug and Lloyds Pharmacy along with the addresses of some of the branches within Birmingham.
- Lateral Flow Test - not suitable for travel - £2
- Lateral Flow Test Four Pack - not suitable for travel - £17
- Flowflex Antigen Rapid Testing Self-Testing Kit 2 pack - £3.95
- Flowflex Antigen Rapid Testing Self-Testing Kit 4 pack - £7.90
- Flowflex Antigen Rapid Testing Self-Testing Kit 25 pack - £49
Below are the five Boots branches closest to the Bullring Shopping Centre in Birmingham
- Birmingham High Street - 66 High St, Birmingham, West Midlands, B4 7TA
- Birmingham New Street Station Concourse Level - Unit 11 Concourse Level, Birmingham New, Birmingham, West Midlands, B2 4ND
- Birmingham New Street - 102 New St, Birmingham, West Midlands, B2 4HQ
- Birmingham The BullRing Shopping Centre - MSU10 Level 2, Birmingham, West Midlands, B5 4BE
- Birmingham Brindley Place - 2 Brindley Pl, BIRMINGHAM, West Midlands, B1 2JB
- Flowflex Lateral Flow Test SARS-CoV-2 Antigen pack of 5 - £9.59
- Flowflex Lateral Flow Test SARS-CoV-2 Antigen pack of 1 - £1.95
- Flowflex Lateral Flow Test SARS-CoV-2 Antigen pack of 5 - £5.79
Below are the five Superdrug branches closest to the Bullring Shopping Centre in Birmingham
- Bullring Birmingham -Level 03 Superdrug Su329, Birmingham B5 4BA
- Birmingham - New Street Superdrug 104 Birmingham B2 4HS
- Corporation St Birmingham - Victoria House Superdrug Birmingham B2 4SW
- Perry Bar - One Stop Shopping Centre Superdrug Unit 92 B Perry Bar B42 1AB
- Kings Heath - 109 High Street Superdrug Unit 11 Kings Heath B14 7BW
- Step Ahead COVID-19 lateral flow test 1 pack - £1.89
- Step Ahead COVID-19 lateral flow test 5 pack - £9
Here are the five Lloyds Pharmacy branches closest to the Bullring Shopping Centre in Birmingham
- Summerfield Health Centre, Birmingham, Winson Green Road, UK, B18 7AL
- Orsborn House, Birmingham, 55 Terrace Road, UK, B19 1BP
- Yardley Green Road, Birmingham, Bordesley Green, UK, B9 5PU
- Raglan Road, Warley, Smethwick, UK, B66 3NR
- Sherwood House Mp, Edgbaston, 9 Sandon Road, UK, B17 8DP
Can I get a free Covid-19 test?
Although tests for the majority of people in the UK now need to be paid for, there are some exceptional circumstances where you can get a free test.
These include if you are going into hospital and if you currently work for the NHS or are in adult social care.
The full list of circumstances is below.
- you have a health condition which means you’re eligible for COVID-19 treatments
- you’re going into hospital
- you work in the NHS or in adult social care