Have you ever dreamed of owning the perfect family home?
Well, we might have just found the most luxurious one available - and it’s near Solihull!
Located on Grove Road - a premier road of Knowle - this period property was last on the market over 22 years ago, and it’s not hard to see why the current owners were happy to spend more than two decades here.
This is a quite stunning five-bedroom family home, although, unsurprisingly, it doesn’t come cheap.
Grove House is currently on the market for an eye-watering £2,950,000.
Let’s take a look inside and see why.
What are house prices like in general in Solihull and how do they compare to Birmingham?
Grove House may be an incredible property, but it certainly isn’t the only one in Solihull.
Properties in the market town had an overall average price of £371,833 over the last year, according to Rightmove.
Whereas properties in Birmingham had an overall average price of £232,975 over the last year, and properties in Sandwell had an overall average price of £215,339 over the same period.
What schools are near Grove House?
Solihull is well known for its selection of top schools.
And Knowle has the excellent junior and infant school and secondary school, Arden Academy -regarded as a leading state school in the UK - close by.
Dorridge Primary School, which was also rated good in the latest Ofsted report, is also just a minute away by car.
6 key things about Solihull
- Solihull is known as one of the most affluent town in the West Midlands region, and one of the most affluent outside London
- Solihull was voted the ‘UK’s best place to live’ in 2013, primarily because it has a selection of top state and private schools.
- A lot of the priciest roads in Solihull are close to the schools, including Alderbrook Road, which had an overall average price of £1,415,000 over the last year according to Rightmove, and Hampton Lane which had an overall average price of £589,500.
- The town is also full of historic architecture and is surrounded by picturesque countryside and has plenty of outdoor green spaces.
- Solihull is also a great location for shopping with the likes of John Lewis and House of Fraser, as well as the Touchwood Shopping Centre, which is home to some of the best known retail brands in Britain.
- Birmingham Airport, which thousands and thousands of people pass through each year, is also a short 10-minute drive from the town.
You can see full details of the property here.
A message from the editor:
Thank you for reading. BirminghamWorld is Birmingham’s latest news website, championing everything that is great about our city - reporting on news, lifestyle and sport. We want to start a community among our readers, so please follow us on Facebook,Twitter and Instagram, and keep the conversation going.