Food hygiene ratings in Sandwell and Solihull: the restaurants given top 5-star ratings in December 2022
and live on Freeview channel 276
Sandwell and Solihull are both brimming with top restaurants and cafes to treat yourself in. Trying to decide where to drop in can be tough and it feels as though you might never be able to make your mind up.
One way in which you can help to narrow down your search is through the Food Hygiene ratings given to establishments each month. These are refreshed monthly and will allow you to check out the very best places to eat in your local area.
Here are the latest restaurants, takeaways and cafes in Sandwell and Solihull to be given the full five stars in their food hygiene inspections in December 2022, according to data published by the Food Standards Agency (FSA).
From swanky restaurants to hospital canteens, local authority food inspectors will visit any premise in the area that prepares, provides or distributes food and report their findings to the FSA. Every few years, the inspectors check the handling, management and preparation of food, storage and the cleanliness of facilities and then give the premises a rating from 0 to 5.
In both Sandwell and Solihull, the top ratings for an array of food establishments has been given. Ranging from football stadiums to play centres, the full details are collected right here.
The food ratings are broken down into the following categories:
- 5 – hygiene standards are very good;
- 4 – hygiene standards are good;
- 3 – hygiene standards are generally satisfactory;
- 2 – some improvement is necessary;
- 1 – major improvement is necessary;
- 0 – urgent improvement is required.
If a restaurant or cafe has had a poor review, they do not need to display the rating but are encouraged to do so by the FSA.
Food hygiene ratings in Sandwell and Solihull
BirminghamWorld has dived into the latest FSA data to see how local restaurants and takeaways performed last month. Here we reveal the Sandwell and Solihull restaurants, takeaways and cafes which were given top marks in December 2022.
- Ambleside Bistro- Ambleside Garden Centre, 432 Norton Lane, Earlswood, Solihull B94 5LR
- The Manor House- Tea Rooms, The Manor House, 126 High Street, Solihull, B91 3SX
- Riva Rose Creative Cakes and Catering- North Warwickshire, Hampton Lane, Meriden, Coventry, CV7 7LL
- Zengz Indian Fine Dining- 763 Old Lode Lane, Elmdon, Solihull, B92 8JE
- Junglebugs Indoor Play Centre- Unit 4, Cardale Street, Rowley Regis B65 0LY
- West Bromwich Albion FC- The Hawthorns, Halfords Lane, West Bromwich B71 4LF