Salary is so dependent on experience, and the type of contract you are offered. Totaljobs found that in a sample size of 7,745 people the average salary for hospitality workers across the UK is £25,000.
But which jobs are offering that?
According to Totaljobs the average salary for hospitality jobs in Birmingham is £27,000, but can range from £21,000-37,500.
Here is a snapshot of some of the most popular jobs available in Birmingham today (Wednesday):
1. £24,000-28,000 per year, Waiting staff/SupervisorMichelin star restaurant Opheem has both full-time and part-time positions available. Offering 5 day working weeks, and exciting training opportunities.
2. £24,000-30,963 per year, Cocktail Bartender/WaiterMichelin star restaurant Opheem is also looking for someone to add to their bar team. Offering extensive training and full-time hours.
3. £18,000-25,000 per year, Front of House StaffBar Estilo currently has multiple vacancies available for Front of House and Bartenders with both full-time and part-time contracts available.
4. £17,000-22,000 per year, Waiting staffOKO has new vacancies available offering both full-time and part-time hours. They have flexible shifts, and are located in the heart of Birmingham.
5. £13 per hour, Server/WaiterDishoom is looking to add new team members to their local restaurant. Offering great training, and development as well as discounts and benefits. The company landed 4th place in the Times Top 100 places to work, and 1st for Leisure and Hospitality in 2021.
6. £12.50 per hour, ServerIndo-persian fine dining restaurant Qavali is currently looking to fill a full-time position in its team. Offering a good work life balance with flexible working, extensive training and development as well as discounts.
7. £12 per hour, Waiting and Bar StaffPiccolino restaurant is looking for passionate people to join their team. They currently have hours for part-time and full-time workers.
8. £11-13 per hour, Front of House Team Member Fiesta Del Asado is offering permanent contracts with part-time and full-time hours available, as well as company pension, free food and an employee discount.
9. £10.20-£11.90 per hour, Cocktail BartenderTAMATANGA is looking for a full/part time bartender to add to their team. They offer the potential to progress to bar supervisor, and training opportunities.
10. £10.00-12.50 per hour, Front of House Team MemberLasan Restaurant is looking for new enthusiastic team members, offering full-time and part-time hours.
This is just a handful of the positions available at the moment that are paying above the minimum wage. However, the national living wage changes every year.
It has been reported that prime minister Boris Johnson will increase the minimum wage to £9.42 in the coming weeks.